Monday, August 24, 2009

E-mail dated 8/24/09

My computer just magically went off so this is the second time i'm writing this email. Sorry if its short. Yes, my new companion, Elder smoot, is the grandson of your mission president dad. Crazy world eh? He is from Farmington and he went to Davis High School. He is my eight companion since I've been here (9 if you count the mtc). We will work very well together.

You mentioned that Sister Wires was going to send you my pictures that I've been taking and you never got them. and you also mentioned that you got a picture of me at an airport in my suit. The last time I wore my suit was the day that I left you and the person that took that picture must have just been a random woman in the airport. So all those "old" pictures she sent were actually all of mine on my camera. I need to explain alot of them so just be patient.

No, our apartment does not have power. we are still running on generator every night. Hot water?? ha ha ha ha. I'm laughing so hard right now. There is no hot water at all. That was a good joke. We are lucky if we get water out of the tap. But i'm a boy scout and we are always prepared for these kind of things (like storage).

As to your questions about our responsibilites here concerning the recent converts. All that responsibity is on us right now. I don't think I've ever told you but I'm secretly running this branch. If the missionaries were not here this branch would fall apart. Like for example I helped a branch missionary fill out his mission papers just today. I feel like I do everything. But I love these people so much now that I really want to be part of the growing up process in full.

I told the petersons to call you the week they get home. I'll remind them once again. I love you all.

Elder Degen
Rice is LIFE

No comments: