Hello there,
My week was very fine thank you very much. I recieved a new companion this week as Elder Sadare was transferred to Monrovia. My new companions name is Elder Kpodi (the K is silent) from Liberia. (Sadare was from Nigeria). I am enjoying the change as he is a great teacher. He came in March and is only 3 months older than me on mission. He is like 25 yrs old and I am enjoying. We had three leave our apartment and three more come in. We now have four americans in the apartment and two Liberians. So my week was pretty much a farwell tour for Elder Sadare, as he tried to visit every member of our branch in two days. He had been in this area since the beginning of February so it was time for him to leave. Now i am leading around my new companion showing him around the area and telling him who we need to teach. It is kind of weird because he is still my senior companion.
I don't really have any exciting stories like what happened to us last week, but yes Elder Stice and I were the ones Elder Peterson was talking about. We did have an all African service project on Saturday and All the church members in the Freetown District cleaned the streets of Freetown up from all the litter. It looks much better now. I
do get to go to the primary often. I am currently teaching the primary a new song every week. Last week I taught them "Book of Mormon Stories". Its hard for them to learn songs they have never heard of so because I am the only one that knows the tune I go and teach them how to sing. Every week. I love it.
Elder Degen
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment