Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Eric's e-mail dated 9/15/08 - Not too chatty this week!

Hello guys,

My week was great this past week. We ended it with another baptism. This time it was an older gentleman, who in my opinion will serve as a branch president one day. The other baptism was a sister of a member. Sunday was also a good day. Most of our recent converts came to church and we were also blessed with some new investigators that visited the church as well. My companion, Elder Sadare, is going to be leaving me on Wednesday for Liberia. So that means I will be getting a new companion this week. I'll find out if that is a good thing by this time next week.

So I have a story to tell but sadly its not as good through email as it would be if I were telling it. But I will try. So on thursday it rained extremely hard. Elder Stice and I (I was on splits that day) decided to wait it out and sat in an investigators house for like an hour. We realized that it was not going to stop and we needed to start heading back to the apartment because it was getting dark. We had no choice but to trek in the rain. Lets just say that the closer we got to the apartment the worse the rain got. It started out that the water was up to my ankles, then it got up to my knees. By the end of it I was wading in water that was just below my waist. Now that I look back it is very humorous, but at the time. . . . no. I will never forget that day. And the crappy thing was that we only taught two lessons that day and we got filthy dirty.

I won't need a copy of the conference because we get the ensign. we will watch conference on discs like a month after it happens. We have a freezer in our apartment so our water is either frozen or warm depending of if we have power. There is absolutley no milk in this country. Unless you count the powder or the condensed milk. Maybe rechargeable battries would be nice, so i guess go ahead and send them for christmas. I don't need another memory card yet. For the rest of the day we are going to family home evening with a member family tonight. And i'm sure tomorrow we will be visiting almost every member in our branch for my companion to say good-bye.

Elder Degen

PS. Go utes. I am sorry to hear about Sis Nunley. Dad how was work today?

No comments: